Day Four: Good Nutrition



My holiday season was dietarily difficult. Going into December I was three points away from my target weight. Today I am nine pounds away. Worse, I shrank all my clothes in the refrigerator.

Let's be honest. Nutrition can be a difficult piece of our self-care due to all the cultural messages we face about the shape of our bodies and the strong connection between food, our emotions, and our brain's reward system. So let's do this. For one day, we aren't going to worry about the scales. We're simply going to focus on the effect that our diet has on our emotional health (Check out this article from Harvard University entitled Nutritional Psychiatry.)

After reading that, grab a healthy snack and take the following challenges...

Explore! Test your basic nutritional knowledge with this simple quiz.

Mind! Ok, this "Five Whys" exercise isn't food related, unless food for thought counts. Try this simple method of challenging your own thinking.

Body! Try this "mindful eating activity" become slower and deliberate in how you relate to your food.

App! Download "Fooducate"on your Apple or IPhone and receive valuable help in making good food choices.

Enter! It's Thursday and you know what to do! Tell us what challenges you participated in here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Three: Stress Management

Welcome

Day Five: My Self-Care Plan